City of Morrison Utility Information


The City of Morrison provides water and sewer services to its residents.  Residential, commercial and industrial accounts are billed on a monthly basis.  The City also contracts for refuse services and residents are billed monthly for curbside refuse collection. Commercial and industrial businesses need to contract for their own refuse collection.  The following is an overview of the billing cycle and other information pertaining to the City utility bills.

Utility bills are calculated monthly for usage from the 15th of the month to the 15th of the following month.  Bills are mailed out so the customer may receive them on or around the 1st of each month.  Bills are due on the 15th of the month in which it was received.  An additional 10% is added to the current charges if payment is not received on or before the 15th of the month.  Failure to pay the bill before the time of the next mailing will result in the mailing of a disconnect notice to the user.  Failure to post a payment within 20 days from the date of the disconnect notice, will result in service termination.  A fee will be assessed to any account receiving a disconnect notice.  The fee will appear on the bill following the month in which the notice was dated.


Water and Sewer Rates

Service Type Purpose Cost
Refuse Curbside residential refuse collection $12.60 per month
Water Base Rate and per 1000 gallons used $9.57 minimum and $6.86 per 1000 gallons used per month*
Sewer Base rate and per 1000 gallons of water used $13.85 minimum and $8.45 per 1000 gallon used per month*

* The first 1,000 gallons used is included in the minimum.


How do I sign up for water service?
Applications for Metered Water Service can be printed from the Forms and Permits page of the website or you can obtain an application at City Hall. A deposit of $75.00 is required of all tenants and for new residents and is due within one week of the requested date of service.


I am going on vacation. How can I put my utility bill on hold?
Utility Bill Vacation status can be established in one of three ways. Residents may either pre-pay an estimate of their bill, sign up for Auto Debit (if established 1 month prior to leaving), or pay as they go. The Vacation Billing form must be completed and turned into City Hall before your departure in order for the City to establish vacation status.   Refuse charges are removed for those months the resident is away (prior notification by completion of this form is necessary).  Forms are available at City Hall or you may print one from our Forms and Permits page.